Ever dreamed of spending the night in a bookshop? With (potentially) multiple cats? AND Halloween/spooky/horror themed? Look no further than Books Around the Corner. Beware you're in for a scare! Read and browse all night, play a board game, watch a retro VHS or DVD, and of course pet up to three cats (cat interaction not guaranteed, it's their world and we're just living in it). Conveniently located within walking distance of historic downtown Gresham and public transit. If you stay over on a Friday, the Farmer's Market is only a block away every Saturday, May through October. July 8th is the first day available and the calendar is open through 2022.
$100 - Includes one night (for TWO people) and one blind date with a book per person (MAX DURATION ONE NIGHT)
$25 - For each additional person (4 MAX TOTAL)
$50 - Refundable deposit
**Due at time of booking.
Check In: Varies
Check Out: 11AM
If you decide to shop while you stay, enjoy a 31% discount. At checkout you can send us a photo of your purchase, and we'll charge the credit card you have on file.
WHERE YOU'LL SLEEP
- Two memory foam mats
- Two sleeping bags
- Two pillows
This is plenty for two people - if you are bringing 4 you may want to bring more bedding.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Books, books, books!
- Candles to smell
- A small TV with a VCR/DVD and a spooky themed collection of VHS/DVDs
- Board games
- Cat toys/cat nip to entice our three cats
- Private bathroom (toilet and sink)
- Essentials (toothpaste, toilet paper, hand soap)
- Central AC
- Private entrance
- Street parking
- PRIOR TO CHECK IN - Proof of vaccination is required. This must be emailed or texted to us.
- AT CHECK IN - We will get a copy of your photo ID and a credit card to keep on file for any store purchases and in case of any damaged or missing items. Inventory is taken right before and directly after your visit. The cost of any missing or damaged inventory will be taken from your deposit; should this exceed $50, the credit card on file will be charged the balance.
- CANCELLATIONS - No refunds will be given if you need to cancel within 72 hours BUT we will transfer the $150 into store credit.
- You may take photos on the library ladder but please DO NOT swing on it or push yourself from shelf to shelf. It's tempting, but it is not stable enough for that and the entire system could break. So unless you want to pay over $2,000 please be careful, go ahead and climb it, but keep it in place.