Ever dreamed of spending the night in a bookshop? With (potentially) multiple cats? AND Halloween/spooky/horror themed? Look no further than Books Around the Corner. Beware you're in for a scare! Read and browse all night, play a board game, watch a retro VHS or DVD, and of course pet up to three cats (cat interaction not guaranteed, it's their world and we're just living in it).
Conveniently located within walking distance of historic downtown Gresham and public transit. If you stay over on a Friday, the Farmer's Market is only a block away every Saturday, May through October.
$125 - Includes one night (for TWO people) and one surprise gift per person (MAX DURATION ONE NIGHT)
$25 - For each additional person (4 MAX TOTAL)
$50 - Refundable deposit
**Due at time of booking.
Check In: 3PM OR LATER
Check Out: 11AM
If you decide to shop while you stay, enjoy a 13% discount. You can just text our text line and we'll come down and complete your purchase.
WHERE YOU'LL SLEEP
- Futon for two people
- Two sleeping bags provided for additional guests
- Two pillows
This is plenty for two people - if you are bringing 3 or 4 you may want to bring more bedding.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Books, books, books!
- Candles to smell
- A small TV with a VCR/DVD and a spooky themed collection of VHS/DVDs
- Board games
- Cat toys/cat nip to entice our three cats
- Private bathroom (toilet and camp sink)
- Essentials (toothpaste, toilet paper, hand soap)
- Central AC
- Private entrance
- Street parking
- AT CHECK IN - Inventory is taken right before and directly after your visit. The cost of any missing or damaged inventory will be taken from your deposit; should this exceed $50, the credit card on file will be charged the balance.
- CANCELLATIONS - No refunds will be given if you need to cancel within 72 hours BUT we will transfer the $150 into store credit.
- OUR CATS - As stated above you may have interaction with one of our three cats during your stay. They are ALL INDOOR cats and CANNOT be let outside. Please be extremely careful when going in and out of the bookstore as to not let any of them out. We would be devastated if anything happened to them.
- You may take photos on the library ladder but please DO NOT swing on it or push yourself from shelf to shelf. It's tempting, but it is not stable enough for that and the entire system could break. So unless you want to pay over $2,000 please be careful, go ahead and climb it, but keep it in place.
"Absolutely fantastic stay!! Very comfortable space, incredibly well-curated shop, plus cats! Stephanie has gone above and beyond to make even a short stay incredibly enjoyable - very comfy futon with plenty of pillows and blankets perfect for curling up with a book, and a great selection of movies and games if you want a spooky night in. Stephanie was very communicative throughout the visit and made sure we had everything we needed, which ultimately included an arm load of books, prints, and pins to take home the next day. We wound up staying on a whim after our original accommodation plans fell through, and now we know where we’re staying every time we visit Portland!" CAITLIN, JULY 2022
"This rental offers such a fun and unique experience for book and horror lovers! It highlighted the best parts of the horror genre, with no gore or negative energy that could be a turn off for guests. Personal touches were very thoughtful - the host has really curated an immersive experience. Highly recommend!" - ADRIAN, JULY 2022
YOU CAN BOOK THERE OR SAVE A LITTLE $$$ AND BOOK THROUGH THE FORM BELOW.