Books Around the Corner is Gresham's one stop mystery, science fiction, fantasy, and horror specialty independent bookshop. We also have non-book items such as greeting cards, stickers, pins, bookish shirts, journals, and more.
Owner and sole employee, Stephanie Rose, loves books. She says good morning and good night to different characters and authors every day. They're friends. She loves how they feel, smell, and the sound they make when you open them.
She reads voraciously. As soon as she wakes, while getting ready to open the shop, on a rainy day, on a sunny day, you'll never find her without at least one book. She loves people who read. They are her people. She knows she owes them time and attention to find the book they are searching for whether it's at Books Around the Corner or elsewhere.
She runs a bookshop. She keeps it organized and clean becaues she's Type A and a "Monica" and because readers and books deserve it. After the first few years of being open she's realized that the demand for certain genres surpasses other areas in the shop so now she only sells Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery and Horror for all ages and bookish gifts.
Our Mission Statement
- To create a bookshop that provides a comprehensive selection of good quality and reasonably priced books and other items of interest for readers of Mystery, Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Fiction.
- The bookshop will serve the community by offering multiple book clubs to increase customer connections and expand reading comfort zones.
- The owner and sole employee of the shop will be helpful, knowledgeable and willing to go any reasonable distance to assist our customers, whatever their needs may be.
- The business, both physical and virtual, will be as attractive, clean and well organized as possible.
WE APPRECIATE EVERY TIME YOU:
- Buy, order, and PREORDER your books at Books Around the Corner
- Choose Books Around the Corner for your personal party & school/company gift certificates
- Foster community among us – and the importance of quality literature, arts, and education
OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
We do not accept returns, but we will do exchanges (with receipt) of non-special-orders for new books only within 30 days of purchase.